We don’t say bleach, pray, love for nothing. Bleach is a cleaning super power and is a permanent staple in our cleaning caddies. We love that it’s fast-acting with immediate results, which is important as our time is precious and we don’t want to be cleaning longer and harder than necessary. If you’re looking to transform your filthy house into a spotless, gleaming and germ-free home, bleach will do that for you and so much more.
It’s important to know when and how to use bleach so you reap all the amazing benefits.
Here is our cleaning recipe that put us on the map. We use this recipe in every home we clean.
SAFETY FIRST. You don’t want any accidental stains to your home or harmful injuries to anyone present while cleaning. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
1. Dilution. Always follow the label instructions and safety guidelines on the bottle.
2. Ventilation. Open those windows and turn on fans while you clean.
3. Clothing.Wear old clothes you don’t care about but that is still protective. Gloves, a mask, and safety glasses while pouring are a good idea.
4. DO NOT mix bleach with any cleaning products other than Tide®. Our saying goes: “Water, bleach and Tide®. Anything else you get an ambulance ride.” Here are some common mixes that could land you in trouble:
5. Test surfaces. Bleach is not for every surface. Do not use on marble. Use caution on porous surfaces and test a small area first.
6. Drips and stains. Err on the side of caution and be careful with bleach around any fabric or carpet. We opt not to use bleach around these.
7. Storage: Keep bleach in its original container (it will degrade in the presence of sunlight) and out of reach from kids and pets (like your other cleaning chemicals).
Bleach is a must-have in our arsenal of cleaning products and we use it in every home we clean to get rid of germs, stains and odors.
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Get weekly emails chalk full of cleaning tips and tricks, and be the first to know about new product drops.
For a list of the rest of our favorite products, click here.
– Denise @GoCleanCo